msm & book on groundwork

Someone posted that msm is good for arthritis in dogs.  I have a large golden
retriever that i would like to try this on. Any suggestions for dosage?  Also,
someone posted the name of a book about ground work, i lost the paper i wrote
it on [what else is new]   Please post it again.  Thanks alot,  Peggy in O.B.,
FL.
Also when i lived in N.H. for awile, one time i ran out of hay so I started on
the cubes, my horses sucked them right up, but then  nothing to do, and
boredom set in!! Chewing on anything they could.