Re: TAHOE RIM RIDE

Kim Kirkpatrick wrote:

> I'm planning on doing the Tahoe Rim Ride in July and wanted to know what to
> expect of the ride.  Does any part of the ride cover the Tevis trail?
> Because I intend on doing that ride too.  If anyone has any info on this ride
> please email me.

Kim: I did the Tahoe Rim 50 last July. The very (small) first part of the ride
follows the very beginning of the Tevis....but probably not for more than 5-6?
miles. Then the trail follows the Tahoe Rim Trail heading east....the BEST
views are here!  What I was disappointed about was the 6+ miles of hard gravel
road (so much single track available....why the road?) and the mile+ of
pavement.  But I'm a Tahoe/Nevada kind of rider and never ride on roads if I
can help it.....I'd rather go off cross-country! I enjoyed the part through the
Northstar ski resort....straight up a black diamond (expert) run.....yahoo! But
other than the hard road parts.....it's an excellent trail....great
camping...(Robie Equestrian Park)...and the management was wonderful.  Have a
great time!

--
Deanne Del Vecchio & Gabe~~no, mom...didn't like the gravel road to trot maddly
down!