German Shepherd rescue

Hi,
I have a German Shepherd that comes into my shop
to be groomed and he is a beautiful and nice dog. I
have never had a problem with him. He is four years
old and has never bitten anyone or been aggressive.
 But he was never raised around children
Well one day a young kid was around him, not sure
what the kid did but the GS bit him in the face. So
the lady that owns the kid told the owners that if they
did not shot the dog, they would sue.

The owners have never had a problem with this dog
and they are looking for a home for someone older
with no children around, or someone who would know
how to work with this dog. I know that sometimes you
have to teach GS that they are not allowed to use teeth.
And they can learn not to bite but it takes having someone
to do it that knows what they are doing.

Like I said he is a wonderful dog and very well trained.
He does not deserve to be shot. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Lynette
ND