Re: NOT FLUFF/mileage

One thing wasn't mentioned about Cliff Lewis taking his son, Tommy on his
first 100 at age 5.  Tommy had been riding since he was literally old
enough to sit up!  Cliff ran the rental stables I frequented as a teenager
in California, and Tommy was riding practically every minute he wasn't in
school.  Tommy WANTED to do that ride with his dad and was on Blackjack, a
very trustworthy and smooth-riding horse.  I wasn't at the ride, but I've
heard Tommy was running around playing with the other kids at the
vetchecks!  Not every kid has that kind of "bottom" in preparing for a 100,
but Tommy did have the background, and he's still involved with the sport
last I heard!  BTW... Cliff and Kathy have a new 50 going in Silver
Springs, NV in April.