Re: heart monitor failure?

I have to tell a funny story about heart monitors--one of our fairly
experienced riders was coming up to the finish line last year, and was a bit
concerned because her horse was trotting in casually and was showing a heart
rate of 159, which was pretty high for him under the circumstances.  Danged if
she didn't come into the vetting area and the rate jumped to 200!  Boy, was
she worried!  As it hung in steady and even climbed a bit over the next couple
of minutes, she was really getting worked up!  Finally discovered that she had
accidentally bumped the thing and switched the display to the time, and it was
really 2:00 p.m.....

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)