Re: mileage

Anita Burson wrote:

> Actually, I really don't believe we've heard from all the LD riders
> regarding this subject.  Only 5 or 6 unless I missed a few.  I would
> assume that many are quite content with things as they are and many
> don't care one way or the other.  But certainly 35% have not responded
> on this list.

First not all not everyone who is doing Limited Distance is going to beon the list.

Second, it is not wise to assume, not everyone is going to reply to this
continuing debate between endurance and LD. Most people do not
like to get into a debate, but that does not mean they do not have an
opinion. The only way to get a true idea of how everyone feels it to do
a vote.

And lastly, there are some that do not have enough experience in the
endurance and LD world to be able to form an opinion. Myself included.

But since I have joined this list I see a continuing rift between Limited
Distance and Endurance. My question is why does this discontentment
between the two groups exist? I would think that it would do the sport
of endurance a lot more good if there was more support and less
arguing between the two groups.

 I thought that Chris had a good suggestion in
suggesting that the AERC keeps track of the LD miles and EN miles
separately and then put them together for a total of lifetime miles. I think
it would be a somewhat simple thing and I do not understand why that
is asking for so much. It is not saying that LD miles are EN miles, in fact
it is keeping the two miles separately but recognizing them both at the same
time. Shouldn't that make everyone happy?

A Confused Novice
Lynette