Re: mileage

In a message dated 98-03-12 19:40:57 EST, paus@micoks.net writes:

<<  And would
 sure go a long way to appease 35 percent of your membership. >>

Sorry, Chris--it is not a matter of appeasing anybody.  It is a matter of
definition.  An endurance ride is 50 miles or more.  Period.  LD rides are
offered to give people a step up to endurance rides.  Isn't it wonderful that
there is such a program for those who want and need it.  No one thinks "less"
of LD riders.  Instead, I think LD riders should be glad that there is such an
extensive program within the structure of AERC to help them to get started.
We are glad to have you.  This is not a value judgment thing.  You are not
handed a college degree on your high school graduation day, because YOU
HAVEN'T DONE THAT YET!  Doesn't make your parents any less proud of you.  When
you earn endurance miles, you will get credit for them, too.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)