Re: Horse Songs

From: Brent Seufert
Email: Brent.Seufert@pipe.nova.ca

Lindavan  wrote:

>As to this being "Ridecamp" related, back in the early days of endurance
>when the BC judging was always the following day, I've been told folks
>actually sat around a big campfire and sang.  Sadly, this has only
>happened on one ride I've attended.  That was back in 1986 at the "Pike's
>Peak or Bust".  I heard some of the best endurance stories ever told that
>evening.  (That ride was only held once--do you think it was my singing)?

Come to Alberta!

For the Past 8 years I've been competing Competative Trail.  Unfortunately I'm, for some odd reason, a popular entertainer around the campfire.  The past two years I've been ramping up in Endurance, most of the competitors also doing CTR, so I don't get away from entertaining there too.

I think the true meaning of endurance is vetting in on friday evening, party 'till 05:00, awake 6:40 for a 07:00 start, riding a race on saturday, party 'till 04:00 sunday morning.... sleep all week at work.  (true story from Christy Jansen's ride last fall at Edmonton, Alberta).

Anyway, I've probably done the campfire thing at 20 competitions in the past two years.  Lots-o-fun!

Brent