WHJ conditioning program

Hi Suzanne -- I saw that article too and thought like you, much too
conservative (sorry Mitch!).   I won't even saddle up for just a
20-minute ride; if that's all the time I can spare I'd rather do ground
work, reinforcing responses, driving harness, etc., etc.  I read
someplace that walking is one gait that builds up without tearing down
(Heidi,  do you agree?) so with my youngster I walk up hills, hills,
hills and so far, so good.     Actually, going *down* these same hills
carrying me, and at a careful pace, has been and still is a major
education for him since in his home pasture he was used to FLYING
downhill.   I saw him (as a 3 yr old) jump off a five-foot (yes!)
embankment onto a dirt fire road below with no problem and no
aftereffects but I just about DIED watching him.   Its occured to me
that horses at liberty will perform physical maneuvers, real wing-dings,
that I  wouldn't dream of asking them to do for fear of damaging them
permanently.
   BTW, how is Triton Natalie (sp) coming along?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]