Training Rides

 >I've almost felt like telling my buddy I'd rather not condition with
her and her horse for this reason.  Let me know what you guys think if
you've had experience with these things

Our two geldings have a very definite structure to their relationship,
as do all horses pastured together.  When we ride together on these
horses, we have hard time trying to get Mr. #2 to go ahead of, beside,
or  pass Mr. #1.   When we start to pass,  #1 sneers and makes rude
remarks with his ears.  When ridden behind, Mr. #1 is a complete wild
man (refer to previous post about his kicking my husband in the face
when I got too far ahead) but when he gets to be in front, he is an
angel.  With other horses, this is not a problem...    We have
inadvertently reinforced this behavior by ponying Mr. #2 off of Mr. #1.