Re: 30 minutes of training

At 10:29 AM 3/12/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello Barbara,
>I'm not sure what research has been done in humans that you might be
>referring to.  It is generally accepted that a completely sedentary
>person can improve their aerobic capacity with 20 -30 minutes of
>training 3-5 times per week.  This results in a  small  improvement
>in  level of fitness.  Certainly no one training to compete would get
>enough training stimulus to do so to the best of their genetic
>ability on such minimal training.

        I was taught (1963) to train 4 - 6 days a week at 6MPH all the time.
I DO take longer 'till I compete -- My eight year old (puchased as a five
year old) competed at his first ride last October -- WNC 3-day 100, placing
2nd in his division.  His 2nd ride was Florida 3-day this January.  He won
his division.  He will continue this year at 3 day 100's moving up to more
intense work as the opportunity, his mind and body, and my pocketbook allow.