Re: After ride/off feed/probiotics

I don't worry much about horses that eat their hay well--we want to encourage
the volatile fatty acid energy sources anyway, and presto! roughage! just what
we want!  Give me a horse that eats all of his hay ANY day!

I think you are right about the fluid shifts, Susan, and I notice that the
good roughage eaters don't show the signs of dehydration (skin tenting, longer
cap refill time, poor gut sounds, etc.) to the extent that the picky roughage
eaters do.

Sounds to me like Blue is doing the wise thing, and I don't know that
probiotics are going to help much.

Heidi