Re: HW vs. others

Hi Angie and everyone!!

> Here's my advice.  For those of you who don't know Samm, and picture a
> lady who is a heavy weight because she is a large percentage body
> fat...think again.  Samm is a power lifter and could use the average
> middle weight to do standing presses with...so here is my advice.  Forget
> what Debby Lyons suggested about learning to tail.  I suggest you teach
> Coujour to tail off of you.  You could train by pulling rigs out of the
> mud at all our Spring rides.  Then, when you get to Tevis, pull Courjour
> up those hills!  I have faith in you, I think you can do it!
Welll....you guys are forgetting that I have put powerlifting on the back
burner in favor of getting more cardio fitness in my routine.  I think I
will need that so I don't have a heart attack while trying to drag myself
up those canyons!!
At any rate, I ran a mile a couple of weeks ago--charity race and
surprised myself by coming in 3rd in my age division...for once, it helps
to be over 30:-)  I did it in a not so respectable time of 11 minutes, but
hey, it's been 16 years or more since I ran and I was happy!!

There is a triathalon here in May and I am shooting for that.  I figure
that "To finish is to win" should apply there and if I don't drown, I will
be able to do the rest.

I only need to pedal once on the bike and I can coast for about 1 mile:-)
and there run is only 1.8 miles, so....Coujur may not get to rest while I
carry him up after all!!

> Best of luck!!!!!

Thanks Angie and thanks to everyone who keeps sending me stuff about the
Tevis, I have not gotten nearly enough, so those of you with stories and
helpful hints PLEASE, PLEASE send them to me

samm---bartesc@mail.auburn.edu

thanks and ya'll take care

samm