Re: Trailering-sweating

Yes, Gail, I have a similar problem with my horse.  But he doesn't sweat as
much as you discribe your horse.

Happened to me coming back from the Florida Endurance Classic yesterday.  He
was shivering in the trailer.  So I put a sheet on him.  Checked him in 30
minutes and he was still shivering but getting moist.  So I took the sheet off
of him and put on an anti sweat sheet.  Checked him about 30 minutes later and
he was sweating more so I took the anti sweat sheet off of him.  When we got
home about 30 after that he was all sweaty on his neck, sides and flanks.

I told my husband that I'm am seriously considering a new horse trailer.  But
from your experience, it sounds like that hasn't worked for your horse :-(

Now on the way to the FEC he trailered fine.  I have 2 thoughts as to why he
was in distress on the way home.  One: The stress of the competition (even
though we only did the LD)    Two: The road into and out of camp was sandy and
hilly.  To make sure we didn't get stuck before we got to the paved road, I
drove a lot faster than I normally would have on a rough road.  Maybe the
rough ride got him shook up (physically and mentally) at the start of the ride
home?  My trailer doesn't have the smoothest ride.

I'll be interested to see if anyone out there has a soultion to our problem.

~Nora