RE: Hw vs Fw

I'm a HW or close to it (210+ lbs of all american beef with tack that is mostly uh, all american ex-beef  <g>), and I DON'T WANT a handicap that makes it easier for me to BC.  If I select an appropriate horse to carry my weight and condition and ride appropriately, then in my opinion, I've created the same conditions for success as the FW rider.

If I want to be successful as measured by BC (which means that I've also top 10'd), then I have to work that much harder to be fitter and make sure my horse is fitter.  I hate the thought of the FW's saying, "Well, HE got BC because he's a lard butt."  I may be a lardbutt, but I'm a FAST lard butt.  Or at least, I am in my dreams...  :-)

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA