Re: re ACC tabs (allied endurance!)

REPLY TO 03/04/98 21:14 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: re ACC tabs (allied
endurance!)

Delurking for a nanomoment:  You can get aspirin-caffeine-codeine in the USA
if you have a prescription (I think one of the trade names is Empirin.)
It's the codeine that's a controlled substance--it's an addictive narcotic.

*Okay, also sort of delurking to make mentionof the Empirin. I used
to have this prescribed for migraine, but it only took the edge off
it for me.  I would STILL have to be bedridden until I got through
it.  I have also tried cafergot (if you take it early enough it can
abort the whole migraine), but I have been developing a resistance
to the cafergot.  I have also tried imitrix, and currently am on
dailiy inderol to prevent migraines, which seems to work pretty
well.  Nobody who gets bad migraines can ever comprehend what it is
all about!

*I have also been fighting sinus infections, which the antibiotic
Augmenten seems to clear up.  If I am consciencious, and daily do an
inhaler and Claratin, I can hold off the sinus infections.  I don't
get much pain from them, but then tend to give me really awful
vertigo which makes riding pretty horrible.

*As far as normal run of the mill headaches, I find that Orudis
seems to work the best as far as eliminating.

*I also try to eat small meals on a regular basis and stay well
hydrated. This seems to prevent headaches.

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net