Re: riding & weapons

In a message dated 98-03-04 03:11:14 EST, nevadaghostridr@webtv.net writes:

<< I carry my cell phone, because I don't feel confident carrying a weapon
 safely.   Linda

I'm glad you don't carry a weapon if you are not comfortable with it, but
please be aware that there are still MANY places in this big country where
there is no cell phone coverage.  Also, in remote areas, even if you COULD
reach someone by cell phone, the response time to reach you would be so long
as to not be worth it in a life-or-death situation.  You still need to have a
contingency plan for how YOU will extricate yourself from your own
emergencies, not just the sorts we have discussed here that involve weapons.
Your cell phone alone will not defend, alleviate suffering, bandage wounds,
stop bleeding, treat shock, or anything else.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)