Re: What to feed?

Hi,

Have you gotten some help with your feeding questions? I've saved your
message and keep putting off replying, as feeding  horses has so many
variables, but I'd be happy to share with you any time.

As a thought, Spiller"s-Seminole feed products, for a prepared feed, I
think are as good as any...they are manufactured here in Fl. in Ocala,
so are fresh each week when brought to the distributors...the delivery
staff from Seminole, rotate the feed each delivery for the distributor.
Their toll free # in Ocala is 1-800-683-1881; they will be more than
happy to advise you and to taylor the feeds best suited to your horse's
needs at this time...I mix my own feed, but usually buy my oats, corn
etc., from a Seminole source.

Seminole just gave me, for the second year in a row, a cash dono of
$250 for my endurance ride, the Fl. Endurance Classic (7 March)...I'm
pleased to recommend their products to all. They're good people.

Florida can be different from other areas, where grazing on decent grass
can be plentiful and nutritious....this is NOT usually the case here...
sandy soils and other management (or lack of) problems prevail..espec-
ially at boarding stables.

Hope this helps some.....by the way, since you're tuned into ridecamp,
are you displaced distance persons? Would you be interested in volun-
teering to do something at the Fl. End. Classic? Sounds as if you're
not conditioning right now, but if that's not the case, come and ride!

Sincerely,

Deena~Meyer,
Inverness, Fl.(Citrus County)
carlmey@citrus.infi.net