Re: 25, 50 & 100 Just do it!

>By the way folks, believe it or not and you won't until you do one, 100 milers
>and sometimes a lot easier than 50's.  Becky Hart told me that when she talked
>me into doing my first 100 miler by offering to be my crew.  She was
>right....Maryben Stover

Actually I usually ride 50's crewless - that is crewless not clueless - and
100's with a crew. The 50's can be harder.  The hardest ride I ever did was
the Gunninson 50 in Gunninson, CO in 1996.  Lost two back shoes, had to
find, fix, fit, lose and cuss at easy boots on the trail. Ended up walking
- leading my horse for about 10 miles myself over the rocks - hoping
against hope the vet would pull me at the 35 mile check.  No such luck.  I
was told in a snickering voice the horse looks great - I looked like hell.

I found two of the correct size easy boots - thanks (I think) to the
wonderful riders in the ride and headed out for the last 15 miles with an
hour and a half left.  No problem for Misty.  I had been doing all the work
up till then.  We made it with 10 minutes to spare before cutoff.  I have
never been so tired in my life.  The only bright spot was Crockett coming
up and handing me a good cold beer.

What amazes me is we do this for fun - I think there may be some medication
for this affiction or I just had too much coffee this morning.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL