Re 25 Milers

Hi all,just my 2cents worth,
Everybody has to start somewhere,be it 25 milers,50 milers or 100
milers.here in s.A most people start by doing 25 milers,if they enjoy it
they carry on to 50 milers.As for me,I had to start from scratch this year
because of a back injury,it was strange riding a extremely experienced
endurance mare(11 years of endurance),doing 25 miles,so i took a group of
novices with me,and passed on any information they wanted to know,answered
all there questions and set the pace for them,they all enjoyed there
ride,most will be back at our next ride to try a 50 miler.for once I could
relax ,(normally far too competitive) ansd see the scenery as well,Shanni
was sure that she was doing a 50 miler and could not understand why her
mother was going at a moderate pace,but she enjoyed the company,10 novices
are a handfull  but they opened my eyes,with there thirst for
knowledge,here in S.A novices have to be accompanied by experienced riders
or rider,I enjoy this a feel it a great way to get more people to do
endurance in the future.
At my next ride I will be doing 45 miles,probably with the same group of
novices again,and so it will go until I can do 50 milers and 100 milers
again.
Well at least now i can bring on my young horses,dont normally do that
myself,so am learning something new from these youngsters every day.I am
just delighted to be back in the saddle after six months of hell.
So I definately think 25 milers have there place in endurance.To all the
experienced riders out there pass on your knowledge,its worth it in the
long run!
Regards
kathy
"Shanni","Tuckahoe"have to start somewhere,"Southern Pride"this is fun
mmand look at all those gorgeous mares *S*