Re: Thoroughbreds

In a message dated 98-01-25 11:38:07 EST, paus@micoks.net writes:

<< I know several people who ride thoroughbreds or TB crosses in endurance and
 CTR. They can be good trail horses and can go the distance. Their handicap
 is that their recovery rates are usually not at good as Arabs.
 chris paus & star >>

This is interesting. We ought to think about this. We know that TBs have
higher percentages of FT and FTH muscle cells than Arabs, and we know that FT
cells produce more heat as they work.

We know that Arabs are generally of smaller stature than TBs--a kind of size-
efficiency you'd look for in a gymnast.

What other factors could lead to delayed recovery?

ti