Re: Sports Saddle Fit

Bill & Dee Fortner wrote:

> For those of you that use the Sports Saddle, I have a question.
>
> How does it fit on a high, narrow withered horse?  Do you have a problem with it closing in
> on you?  By that I mean, since the withers are so much higher than the back, does the pommel
> feel like it moves toward your body?

I'll jump in here since I have the highest withered, narrowest horse
that God has ever made <G> and just happened to have bought a SS last
year!

Honest to goodness, it feels just the same on him and the mutton
witheres wide horse....it doesn't close in at all. The seat shape pretty
much looks the same, even thought they are totally different horses.

  The saddle really does shape to the horse, I ride with a pretty loose
girth (I can slide my enitre hand throught it *before* I ride, and when
I go to pull the saddle off, I really have to pull at it to get it to
move.

it has also saved me from hitting the ground a few times since I can
feel what is is going to do just a nanosecond sooner than I would be
able to in a treed saddle.

tracy