Re: SS loin rubs---I know not again!!

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:45:58 -0600 (CST) "Glenda R. Snodgrass"
<grs@theneteffect.com> writes:
>> >Regarding the loin rubs : in talking to another competitor last
>fall,
>> >she was noticing loin hair rubs as her horse grew longer hair..they
>> >did not show up when he was slick and smooth...I can't remember if
>it
>> >was a Sport Saddle or not....had you considered this factor? Is he
>at

I ride with an Ortho-Flex Express.  The loin rubs don't show up until
Spring, just before he really sheds.  I have had them on three different
horses, every Spring.  It's as if it simply makes them shed early there.
I have never had loin rubs in the Winter, no matter how heavy the coat.

Has anybody considered that the reason we never had loin rubs before
endurance was that our horse's rear ends weren't "chugging" side to side
in an extended trot?

I have used this saddle on four different horses, and have never gotten a
single point off for back soreness.  (I vetted in to my first 50 with a
sore back from a jumping saddle)

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]