Re: ride food

Chris Paus wrote:

> Those nutrigrain bars adn other cereal type bars travel well and are fairly
> nutritiouis and tasty.

Cheerios cereal travels pretty well. I was riding with a junior rider at
a ride one time, and her mother had warned me that she got real grumpy
when she didn't eat her breakfast. When it was time to start the ride,
she still hadn't eaten, so I grabbed a baggie full of Cheerios and tied
it to the front of my saddle. Every time we stopped I tried to get the
kid to eat some. She never did. I got tired of this bag of Cheerios
bouncing on my leg and my horse's neck as we trotted along, and by the
end of the ride, I was munching on them and my horse was eating them at
the P&R stops. And her mother was right - the kid did get grumpy (after
refusing the eat the Cheerios without milk!).
Ruth