Re: ride completion time

In a message dated 98-01-16 07:46:39 EST, cfisher@sonic.net writes:

<< she asked ride management if she would get a completion if she came
 in after the cut-off time.  She was told yes, as long as she didn't fall

 behind the drag riders.  She did get in before them, but then was told
 she was getting the completion award (some small item like a brush or
 something) but not the mileage.  She was very upset, she would not have
 pushed thru that final loop for a free brush!   And I felt very bad,
 because she and her horse were in fine condition for a very respectable
 completion ... >>

Very unfair to say something then retract it....it has happened to me and I
have seen it happen...perhaps one should carry a pad of paper and "get it in
writing" while on trail....

Teddy