Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Jerry Fruth wrote:

> After watching the completion time rule boil on ride comp can or should we
> ask the question:  In the past couple of years has there been an instance
> where the current  rules did not handle the problem?  If  so where, what
> happened and how was it resolved.  Maybe we are working ourselves into a

Yes, there have been many examples at rides I have atteended personally,
and the "problem" was "resolved" by falsifying the official results.

I, personally, am of the opinion that this is a problem that should not be
ignored (as I am of the opinion that rules, if they are to be rules,
should not be selectively ignored--rules, if they are rules should be
enforced strictly or stricken from the books, in fact, as Abraham Lincoln
once said, "The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it
strictly.")

kat
Orange County, Calif.