Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

In a message dated 98-01-14 11:29:49 EST, reshan@deyr.ultranet.com writes:

<< In my mind, the best way to handle the situation would be to change the
 > rule to *exclude* the hold times and count the riding time only.  Then
 > if you have a tough 50, with two holds, or the weather gets really bad,
 > etc...., you have more time to finish without an *exception* to the
 > rule.
 >  >>

 >10-4!!!  I have always thought this would be fair to all...Teddy

 	This is the only fair way I can see. Giving "Rider X" a completion because
 they're nice people and they had a problem on the trail opens a 55 gallon
 drum of worms. Any extensions to ride time must be applied across the board
 to be fair.
                    --CMNewell

In my thinking, 2 VC's on a TOUGH 50 are NOT enough...we usually have three,
with the middle one often being 45 to 60 minutes.

Teddy