Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

another comment.. I THOUGHT the original concept of the time.. was to ride at
a MIN speed of 5mph.. thus the 24 hrs for 100 miles.. did the founders .. ie
Wendal and Co.. consider all the vet stops.. AHA-- TEVIS has GATE and go ??
like in no holds but 2 ? or 3?.. so you could vet through and stay on the
traill.. of course you may NOT make it..
What were the races of ole like --no holds right?  gate and go or a fixed hold
time without regard to recovery? Was the hold time in the 24hrs?  or was it-
24hrs Riding TIME..
The HOLD system we use cuts into that time..and we are now making that time
LONGER .. since we found out the horses need to rest more..some hold times are
40 min to an hour..
I think the OD100 has 6 or 7 VC with a total hold time of about 2 hrs.. not
validated..but that cuts into the on trail time. its a real job to finish the
it..

BUT then REAL endurnace riders do ALL the 100 milers in  what --10 hrs.. right
?
HA
Roger R