Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

>Hi Steph,
>
>You raise an interesting point:  When does ride management have the
>authority to grant completions to riders who fail to meet the
>requirements of AERC Rule 6?    (Note: Rules 5 & 6 are cited below for
>your info.)
>
>Instead of a new rule, you might turn to AERC Rule 6.1 for the answer:
>"A competitor must pass all veterinarian criteria for completion; a
>competitor who fails any of the other completion criteria [of Rule 6]
>should be pulled from Top Ten placing but may be allowed a completion,
>if in the opinion of ride management, the violation was not intentional
>and did not result in making the course easier or shorter."

At the ride I ran in 96, we had a sever problem with trail vandlism. While
all trails were affected, much of the 25 mile trail had ribbons removed.
When I heard of the problem, I went out serching for people and got them on
trail and on their way home.  There were several that were over time.  We
used our discretion (as I interperted it from rule 6 and gave completions).
While the head vet was a little annoyed with this, I thought it to be in
the purview of ride management to make this decision.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL