Hoof hardener and Thrush

        It has been so wet here in FL that my horses feet are in the worst
shape I have seen in a long time.  One of them has become very
tenderfooted.  I saw where someone mention Formaldrahyde the other day for
drying hooves.  A long time ago, I remember someone telling me about using
copper something-or-another.....not kopertox.....but the chemical compound
of copper with something.....and I think you mix it with water and put it
on the bottoms of their feet to toughen them?  Does anyone know what I am
talking about?  If so what is the compound and does it work?  Thanks.
RAE