Rivets and safety for saddle mods

Wooops! I mis-spoke !Re rivets:they are fast and convenient,but
they are NOT generally as strong as stitching. So when modifying, use
caution. Lay it up with rivets perhaps,but stitch or have stitched if
safety is an issue. My "in-flap" rigging is done entirely with rivets,but
 the upper portion of this thing is a triangulated pattern of about a
dozen rivets,and this is a low-stress part,since I'm not planning to rope
 any cows.If in doubt,sew it.