Stirrup leathers rubbing shins

I've never had this problem in  English, Aussie or Western saddles.  I
haven't, however, owned an 'endurance saddle'.

I ride with the ball of my foot on the stirrup tread most of the time, my
ankle cocked slightly inward and my foot slightly angled with the inside
toughing the insde branch and the outside of my foot close to or against
the outside branch.  So the stirrup is  not  square to my foot though I
wriggle it around through the miles to change the stress on my ankle.  My
foot is shoved firmly home when the going get rough or things get too
exciting.

I also use a pair of I think they are called Flex-Ride (plastic stirrups
with a cage or tapadero) on English leathers.  The slot in the top of the
stirrup is too narrow for the leather so it is never centered properly -the
leather slides along the top bar.  I do put the right stirrup on the
off-side and left where it belongs according to the ridiculously small dot
on each stirrup.

Not having the leather properly centred does not cause me any shin
problems, either.  (The only problem I've had has been the darn plastic
cages break with the cold at anything colder than about -10 or -15 Celsius
-I wasn't impressed and have had to have leather ones put on.)

Is rubbed shins something occuring only with the various endurance saddles?
 Does it come from foot position on the stirrup tread -ball of foot, foot
home, toe in, toe out?  Is it because endurance saddles have their stirrups
hung back further therefore one's knee may protrude further forward
(depending on stirrup length) and the shins rub?

I'm working up to buying an endurance saddle and don't want to buy a
problem I haven't so far had.  If this is a problem common to endurance
saddles in general it needs to be addressed by the makers, or specifically
the makers of the problematic brands/types.

Ann