saddle

From: beth
Email: jeb@sedona.net

Hi!  I would appreciate suggestions/information based on your experience, please.  I need to find a new saddle.

I am a large (200#)adult female who loves to trail ride and do search/rescue.  Have ridden Foxtrotters for past 15 years with custom Fallis western saddles but have a new Foxtrotter that sports a short back so my present saddles are too long for him.

My saddle time is limited somewhat by having to make a living but am in the saddle for 6-8 hours a day when possible and need one which offers both my horse and self comfort and has tons of rings to tie on all our "stuff."

Via the web, I have seen Steele, Pathfinder, Saare and Chiron--the latter has a unique tree concept which is most intriguing.  (Chiron at www.endurance.net/sportsaddle/design.html)

Thanks very much for your help.