Re: Why do you want families to pay more?

Teddy wrote:

> Sorry, you do NOT have to be "married", to quote:
> >
> >  Please note: A family unit is defined as a married couple or
> > domestic partnership relationship, living at
> >  the same physical address and same dwelling, and their children
> > under the age of 21.
>
> Besides, who cares if you live together or not?  The idea is that
> AERC News costs money and only ONE copy is sent to a "Family".

Well that is what WE stated with the our proposal.  We did feel that
the costs of membership outside of the EN and yearbook were probably
closer to $25 than $10, so it was neccessary to balance free access to
group memberships with a fee increase so that AERC did not start losing
money.  $25 is just an estimate and we are certainly willing to have
AERC set the rate according to information found in an audit of
membership costs.  I would also be perfectly willing to support a
change to allow non-riding associate memberships for adults at the
current $10 rate; our plan is not cast in stone, nor is it meant to
penalize anyone. I did mean to undo the current $55 penalty some jr.s
pay for not having parents in AERC when I initiated the process and
that remains my motivation.

Teresa