Mountain Quarry Trail

--
Rancho Occhialini
"Where the fat guy lumbers"

This is in response to Jerry's question on why we didn't want to share
our trails with mountain bikers.  We do share many of our trails in this
area with bikes and are happy to do so.  However, this particular trail
was not a safe one to make into a multi use trail.  It's narrow in
spots, and in order to accomodate the bikes a series of bridges were
going to be installed requiring dismounting at frequent intervals.
Since this is one of the main trails to train on, that would have been a
disadvantage to us.  The main issue was safety.  This trail also would
have opened many of the single track trails to use by the bikes, even
though they are clearly marked  as hiking or equstrian use only.  These
are narrow and winding and even now, bikes tracks are frequently seen.
There are many trails that we can compromise on and as Chuck said, work
with the biking groups on multi use areas, but this one was not a safe
one for hikers or equestrians to share.
Karin Occhialini