Re: [Re: stereotyping]

ridecamp@endurance.net wrote:
Lucy C Trumbull wrote:

> You know, it's usually the really subtle culture
> differences that offend - so subtle that neither
> party realises they've offended...

Yup.

They boo.  We bomb.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA

Linda the two are not by any extreme linkage related.  It has been said before
on this line that it was not done with malice.  Having spent 8 months serving
my country over there during Desert Storm I relearned quickly, as should
others, not to judge other peoples cultures by our value system.  Those that
we bombed in Iraq are not of the same values as those competeing at the WEC.
Generalizations are dangerous habits to assume.  Lessons do not always taste
good, but hopefully give us a better understanding.  Lets learn from that
which we can not change and go on to bigger and better things.  I'm sure they
have.
Congratulations to all who participated in the WEC.  Many happy trails in the
future.
Sky Jones
skyj1s@usa.net