Dubai and Best Condition

Christy Janzen's Tais (really called Tang for her orange color) came through
the ride in excellent shape.  She was shown for best condition and I thought
she should have won.  Of course I'm prejudiced having crewed for her but she
was just amazing on race day.  She just got stronger and stronger.

Now for the inside story.  The BC is not judged the same way as AERC under
the FEI rules.  Two young Austrialian vets explained (to their surprise
also) that the BC judges never saw the ride vet scores nor did they know the
ride times.  Weight did not matter as long as the minimum was met.  S000, it
was a very subjective choice based only on how the horse presented on the
day after the ride.  The fact that one horse finished a hour earlier
carrying 50 more pounds and doing it with excellent vet scores all day made
no difference.  Boy am I glad we use a different set of rule in AERC.

Joane in Price
Part of Tang's crew