RE: WINTER RIDING

	[Snodgrass, Bonnie]  (edit)
	The polar fleece sheet under another blanket or sheet works great.
You will probably find the top blanket or sheet pretty wet after the fleece
wicks the moisture off the horse. Unless the sheets have leg straps on them
I wouldn't turn the horse loose  wearing those layers. They'll turn on your
horse as he takes a good roll. I like to use a full sized cooler that covers
the neck under a medium weight blanket. The added warmth of the blanket gets
the horses body warmth up which speeds drying.  Now I gotta admit that these
days I clip and blanket and find this works best for me. Actually need to
get in and do a second round of clipping. We're having an unusually warm
winter here in Maryland.

	Bonnie Snodgrass