Re: POSTING DIAGONALS

John

Horses are left or right footed just like you and I are left or right handed.  If given a chance they will usually prefer one diagonal and lead over another.  It is a good idea to switch leads or diagonals at intervals to assure evan mussel build up.  There are always exceptions to this , such as horses that have had injuries.  Hope this helps

Corky Young
Byrds Valley Ranch, on the Tevis trail

John B.Ayers wrote:

 I do not notice any lameness at walkor canter.  However, on a posting trot,the right diagonal is smooth, but theleft rough. In actual competition I try to use eachdiagonal the same amount. During conditioning,I've been trying to use the left more, butso far haven't noticed a change. Has anyone else experienced this problem? John and Meshack
www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)