Re: toughest multiday

Jackie,

Dave aka 'The Duck' and Anne Nicholson put on the XP rides in Nevada and
Utah.  Dave was inducted into the AERC Hall of Fame recently and is someone
all endurance riders could benefit from knowing.  His experience with
endurance riding goes back to the Great American Horse Race across the  USA
in 1976.

Simply put, he knows horses, especially endurance horses,  and can tell you
more about your horse in 30 seconds than many vets can in 30 minutes.  Maybe
I'm exaggerating a little but you get my drift.  I first experienced Dave
vetting at the first ever Outlaw Trail ride.  I'll never forget seeing Dave
on the trail riding his motorcycle eyeballing the horses as they rode down
the Pareah River on the last day of OT.

Dave has never been known for his political correctness which is probably
why it took so long for him to be inducted into the AERC Hall of Fame.  Both
he and his wife, Anne, put on great Multi Day rides as I'm sure those who
have ridden them will agree.  Hopefully in 1999 I'll be able to ride one
since the scheduling hasn't worked for me in previous years.

Happy Trails,
Marci Cunningham
Bakersfield CA