From: Bernita & Jerry Barfield <barfield@primenet.com>
To: 'Sally Spangler' <stepnout@swva.net>
Cc: 'RIDECAMP' <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Subject: RE: help! feeding toothless old horse
Date: Saturday, December 12, 1998 12:59 PM

Sally you might try soaking beet pulp which has a very high nutritional
value sismilar to alfalfa hay and can be soaked so it is easy to " gum"
down. Beet pulp is very cheap.  About 1 cup added to 2 galloons of water
will swell up and you can build her up to about as much as she will eat.
Also soak hay cubes and add soaked Equine Senior, throw in a little very
wet bran mash and corn oil.  You can build her up to 2 cups of corn oil per
day gradually .  Also you can give 1-2 cups per day of rice bran and make
it wet enough so she can slup it down.  With this diet you can cut back on
the Euine Senior which is more expensive.

Good luck

Bernita Barfild
Southwind Arabians
Sierra Vista, AZ