Re: Dubai - Valerie

Valerie said the same thing about the lazy horse at a talk she gave at the
IAHA convention last yr (97).  Maybe there's hope for mine!!
Since I live in the same area of the country as Val I OCCASIONALLY compete on
50's with Val or Danielle (I compete, they're on conditioning rides!).  I've
noticed that they tend to hang back a little at the beginning to let the
horses really warm up.  Probably keep a steadier overall pace than most of us.
At the Cosequin ride this yr I did the 50.  At the pre ride Val basically told
us if we wanted to burn out our horses, tear away on the first leg.  I took
her advise & rode conservatively (it was hot & lots of climbing), & was very
pleased with result.

Nancy
Md