Re: Rx for SADDR

In a message dated 12/10/98 10:28:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kiwana@sover.net writes:

<< My husband has come up with 2 suggestions that work fairly well around
 here...  When I get cranky from lack of horse riding, he rents a "western"
 movie where I can fantasize about riding and tell him about lack of
 authentic equipment or critique horses' conformation with popcorn and hot
 chocolate!   >>

An absolutely marvelous movie for criticizing about complete lack of knowledge
of endurance riding is "Bite The Bullet" with Gene Hackman, James Coburn,
Candice Bergen. It is about a true incident involving a long distance and
muti-day race between a train and a group of riders. It's a "hoot" as far as
"technique" is concerned. The ending will have any experienced horseman
rolling in the aisles. When I first saw it in a theater, the rest of the
audience was all looking at me to see what this crazy woman was laughing at.
All I could think of at the time was "the director should have consulted Pat
Fitzgerald for authenticity."

Barbara McCrary