Jedi's Sire...Dam

>Now let's not forget the dam who has far more influence on the offspring
both genetically and behaviorally than the sire. The female tail  line
rarely gets the recognitions deserved ( as in the human species as well.)<

I sold his dam (unfortunately)<s>, to a fellow in the NE, can't remember
who it was just now.  Never heard from her again. This mare,  Raf Silver
Sonnet (old Babson breeding) foaled a filly the next year after Jeddi.
Sold her to Tom Luckett in Louisville to breed to his racing horses. Her
name is H.W. Passion.  Sold Sonnet firstly because I had way too many, and
secondly because she had a really ugly croup, except when she trotted with
her tail up.  Tut improved the croup on Jeddi, but if you have ever seen
him, it is no where near flat, but boy can he get up under himself and
push!  My sister (a non-Arab person) used to kid me  that he looked like a
duck from behind.
Don't know how well Sonnet would have done on the trail, she was only used
as a broodmare. (I personally prefer to ride the boys)  Other than her
croup she was a lovely,  tall,  scopy, elegant mare with a kind
disposition.
But I did use Jeddi's sire in mostly CTR, and he was hard to beat. IAHA CH.
in Reg. 14 & 15 in - I think it was '89.  Can never remember getting any
points off for Pulse.  His resting HR is 28.
I remember getting a 28 on Jeddi once after climbing a hill in the mud and
rain at the IAHA Championship when it was in PA.  We took a fall in a ditch
near the end of the first day  and I pulled him when he showed signs of
stiffness.  Darn.
I know the thoroughbred breeders agree with you, they give the mare 65% of
the credit.  But then again, they never take their good mares to dogs when
picking a sire for that next Derby winner.<s>
As for Jeddi's success, or any horse's success, I believe it is a
combination of many, many things.  Genetics, luck, a good foundation, luck,
money, luck, good trainers, luck, good (smart) riders, luck, timing and
luck.  Jeddi had all those things, and I'm honored to be counted among
them.

Jan & Tut El Sakkara