Re: who is AERC

I usually avoid "me too" posts, but I am also concerned by the us/them
attitude. I am even more concerned that more thought & effort is going
into finding ways to circumvent the rules (and undermine AERC) than in
looking for ways to make it work. I am looking forward to the ride
season & hope to encourage new riders to join AERC instead of
instructing them how to avoid it. A larger membership base would make it
feasible to consider lowering the individual membership to get more in
line with other organizations, but the non-member fee should stay.
NAncy Mitts

>I must be having a brain glitch but I keep reading about AERC as
"them."  AERC
>is us, its' members.  It does not have a life of it's own!  And like
any
>democracy the final vote by the members makes the rules.  The members
are
>AERC.  If the vote didn't go your way - hang around.  It may next time.
In
>fact, if more members had voted, it might have gone differently.
>
>I didn't vote for the present President of the USA but I still feel
like it's
>my country.  I don't refer to my government as "them" like it's an
alien being
>I have to contend with.  The votes told the story and I have another
chance>next year.  We  can't always win or have things go our way every
time.  That's