Endurance going strong in Alberta Canada

The Endurance Riders of Alberta have been arround along time.I believe over 20
years. We track members mileage have a great AGM at the end of the year. The mileage
awards are great for both horse and rider $35.00 per year for membership gets you
insurance and membership. It used to be $15 but we voted to get insurance. The horse
gets a plaque shaped like Alberta and engraved at the 250 mile mark every 250 miles
gets a mileage marker . The riders get pins. At 1000 miles the rider gets a buckle
and the horse gets a cooler. 2000 polar fleece cooler, 3000 winter blanket. We have
top horse mileage, top rider mileage , best condition, top point junior, best ride
and one I can't remember. These are large plaques with a keeper trophy for the
winner. We honour our top 5 horses with a crystal horse mounted on a stand.
We do not charge a non member fee and the sanctioning fees from rides are $3.50 per
rider and $2.00 drug test fee which goes into a special account. $10 is the fee for
sanctioning a ride.
There are about 12 rides a year and we have a great turnout. Most rides are about
$30 for LD and $50 for 50, $100 for 100.
They usually serve lunch and dinner and have good prizes. Every JR gets an award.
Every rider gets a completion certificate. Some rides every rider gets a t shirt.
We have very dedicated vets and a strong BOD to help new managers.
 You can run a small regional club and do it well with the right people and
commitment.
We have 120 members having had 23 new people join in 1998.
Sorry we cannot sanction rides outside of Alberta but if you want to start a club in
your area this is one to look at.
Paddi