Re: FEI rules

>That's interesting. Didn't it used to be that if they presented (to
>P&R) before reaching criteria they had an obligatory hold (30 >mins?)
before they could present again?

This is where FEI shows there ignorance by making their own rules where
none are needed in my opinion.  It was rediculous to penalize 30 min.
before and even more rediculous to disqualify after 2 tries.  There are
too many things that could make a horse's pulse jump for just a minute.

Used to be some rides gave a  10 min. penalty, supposedly to keep
everyone from coming in before they were ready.  No matter how large the
rides have been in the SE, I've never seen us need any more penalty than
requiring the horse to exit out the distant gate and have to circle the
entire P&R area to re-enter.  Didn't they say they have something
rediculous like 50 P&R entry stations.  Doesn't sound like people coming
in too soon was exactly going to back things up.  Do they make allowances
for external stimuli?  What if someone forgets to put their parking brake
on their camel and he drifts into the vet area?

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]