Saddle Fit & pressure/new URL

New URL, I was just two letters too many. It should work now. Sorry, even the inventor of the computer saddle fitting system has trouble running these machines.Thank you for the alert.

I was not saying that pressure does not cause damage. In fact the thrust of the article "Scientific Saddle Fitting" is that rather low amounts of pressure can significantly lower blood flow. My point is that "Sweating or the lack of sweating is not a reliable indicator of saddle fit" You may have high pressure in an area that is dry, but you may also have high pressure in an area that is sweating. The point is a direct correlation cannot be made. That is why measurement is so important.. .to determine that what we think is happening is happening for the reasons we think that
it is happening. For further information http://www.saddletech.com/scientif.htm

  i found this post absolutely fascinating, and will check out your site
  in short order . . .

  >  Sweating or the lack of sweating is not a reliable indicator of
  > saddle fit because so many additional factors affect sweating.
  > Therefore, a direct correlation cannot be drawn between saddle pressure
  > and sweat distribution.

  i respect your technical expertise, but i have seen any number of horses
  develop 1) dry spots, 2) white spots, and 3) thickened skin in areas that
  directly correlate with the location of a given saddle.  on
  investigation, it was clear in (can i say 100% in this forum without
  being shot at?) most cases that these spots appeared in areas of
  increased pressure due to poor saddle fit.

begin:vcard
n:Ferrand;Robert
tel;work:650-343-9976
x-mozilla-html:FALSE