Race of Champions

From: Kathy
Email: go2ride@aol.com

I have been to six ROC's in the past ten years, and I also attended the Cosequin Challenge.  Please - don't compare the two!! The CC was fine for a first year effort, and I am sure that they will improve as the years go along and after a few years under their belt, I certainly hope that they will emerge as a truly quality and championship ride.  It takes time.  But the ROC was an event  like no other - the quality of every aspect of this incredible event was special and beyond anything that I had ever attended.  It is hard to put your finger on exactly what made the ROC so special ...it was in a class all its own and the Cosequin Challenge didn't show its first year that it (or any other endurance race that I have ever ridden) matches with the overall quality and excellence of the ROC.  It is hard to explain what the ROC did that was different - and I know that this sport has really lost a legendary event with the retirement of the ROC.  From all that I witnesses over the year, I think that what made the ROC so different was the vision and hard work of Susan.  She is different, that is for sure, but I do know that her goal of making the ROC special and one of a kind and the best endurance race ever showed up year after year.  Without Susan, I don't think the torch can be passed on,  and until another ride comes along that is truly worthy to be compared, you gotta leave the ROC at the top.  Cosequin - you're heading inthe right direction, but you're not even close. Retired or not, ROC was still the best endurance ride that was ever held.