LD

Pat,
	you wrote:
>I can't believe people voted for this proposal.

	What does this tell you about the democratic process?  Most people never
considered the ramifications of what the vote would mean.  The ballot read
such that the BoD appeared to be asking for a "yes" vote; Dane Frazier's
column stated they needed to do this to keep a few unscrupulous ride
managers from hosting unsanctioned 24 mile rides---people voted the way
they were told.  There are going to be LOTS of problems with this--although
it may be the best thing that ever happened to CTR.  Remember, altho there
was considerable discussion on ridecamp (and I suspect it even changed
Randy Eiland's mind) the general membership is not necessarily privy to all
this discussion.

>I'm really disappointed and worried about the way our sport is heading.

Yes, aren't we all!

Terre